Disaster relief resources and information

Free Essential Items

Food, Household Cleaning Supplies, Hygeine, Etc.
Pickup @ OLD Benton Middle School Gym

Coping with Disaster (from Ready.gov)

Helping Families Deal with the Stress of Relocation after a Disaster (See pages 6-8 of this document for information about helping older adults.)

Residents and business owners who sustained losses in the designated counties can begin applying for assistance by registering online at DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 (for deaf or hard-of-hearing Kentuckians); The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.

Kentucky State Parks in the area are now open to host families who need housing for at least two weeks. Kentuckians who reside in Lyon, Fulton, Graves, Muhlenberg, Marshall, Hopkins and Caldwell counties will receive priority placement. Families who are in need of emergency housing should contact their local emergency management office to request lodging. For contact information for local emergency management offices, visit kyem.ky.gov.